You’re looking for curtain ideas to give you some inspiration. So how can you get fantastic looking modern curtains made to fit your windows for just a few dollars.
1. You know your room needs redecorating and bringing up to date.
2. You have windows that are the wrong size for ready made curtains.
3. Or you simply can’t find the right color or design.
So you keep putting it off because it’s going to cost big money to get them custom made.
Well it doesn’t have to break the bank to turn your curtain ideas into reality. So what kind of window treatments am I talking about that are made to measure and don’t cost a fortune. Well they are called “Wave curtains” because they hang into pleats that fold in to a wave shape.
They are a really modern and contemporary style but can fit in most homes depending on the fabric they are made from. The beauty of this style of curtains is,
1. The look obviously.
2. The way they fall naturally into their special “wave pleats” when they are either open or closed. No more time dressing your curtains every time you move them.
So your probably thinking how do you get them for so little. The answer is simple “You make them yourself”.
This is the point your finger heads for the back button, well stop right there.
Don’t panic, you don’t need to sew or even know a thing about curtains. It’s so simple anyone can do this (even a grown man like me). How do I know, have I read about it somewhere and decided to share it with you.
No I have been there done it and have the evidence hanging in my own home. I have also written up full simple step by step instructions with photos. So you can repeat it yourself with no big expenses. Most people have the tools they need to make these around their homes already. If you need anything it won’t cost you much, or you can borrow it from family or neighbors.
The only things you will need are the fabric to make your “wave curtains” and the stuff to create the header and seams.
So your asking how do you make curtains like this. Well the first step is:
1. Side seams and hem are created using fusible web tape. The stuff you use to re-hem a skirt or trousers. You fix this with a domestic steam iron, the kind we all have at home. Believe me if you apply this tape properly it sticks rock solid. You will find it very difficult to pull the fabrics apart.
2. The header that creates the wave effect on the top of your curtains is created using fusible 5 or 6 inch wide buckram. This stuff again is fixed in place using a steam iron. Again it sticks really well.
3. Finally you will need pin hooks to hang this style of curtain. These hooks pierce the fabric and buckram allowing you to put them exactly where they are needed.
That in a nutshell is how it all works. They are super easy and can be made to fit any size window. So have a go yourself and turn these curtain ideas in a reality.