The verdict is still out there for small bathrooms. You can love them or hate them, but one thing is for sure, if you have no plans of moving to a new house, you have to live with them. Some people think small bathrooms are all right, after all, you don’t spend a lot of your time there. For others however, a mini bathroom is just not enough. They want a bigger bathroom for myriads of reasons, from bragging rights to comfort when using the bathroom.
Small Can Be Comfortable
A small bathroom does not have to feel claustrophobic, it does not have to feel crammed, it does not have to be uncomfortable. In fact, many small bathrooms are cozy and nice to be in anytime-if you know what to do with it.
Simple Changes You Can Do
Sometimes, even average size bathrooms size can look cramped while small bathrooms can look spacious-it all depends on how you design the bathroom interior. There are ways that you can make your small bathroom look bigger with some cosmetic changes.
· Bring in the light. Dark rooms look smaller compared to well-lighted ones. So open your window if possible or add ambient lighting.
· Change the color of the walls. Some dark colors make the bathroom small. It is best to use bright colors like white in your bathroom.
· Go for a minimalist look. It is just common sense not to put a lot of things in a small space if you don’t want it to look tight and uncomfortable.
Renovating the Bathroom
If you want to go beyond simple cosmetic changes, then you can always call a renovation company to improve your bathroom. Here are some renovation ideas you can use.
· Renovate to widen your bathroom. You can use part of the adjacent room to add as a new space for your bathroom.
· Modernize plumbing to save space. Most modern plumbing systems are smaller and more effective than old ones. You can save space by modernizing your plumbing system.
· Add a window to let more of the outside in to your bathroom. Being able to see outside makes the bathroom less tight and cramped.
Bathrooms are an essential part of every home. It is the place where we do necessary and delicate human routines, which is why they need to be comfortable. Even small bathrooms can be comfortable; all it needs is a little common sense, a dash of creativity and if push comes to shoves, some money for renovation.